FLUFFY TOWN

There was once Alpha House, its sketch-Club, and all around a big city full of sky scraped by concrete and glass, and in between, other 'itch-hickers' taking over galleries and the street! I'm going down, down, down, down... to Fluffy Town!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

NAS "Late Fee" racket scandal

Gossip networks are great. There should be more of them around.

I received an email from a student yesterday: "hey, guys, did you pre-enrol for next year? The deadline is TODAY! and the late fee is $50."

Wot?

I checked the NAS website, at the "enrolment" page.
Nothun.

"- Oh, yeah, we put a notice on all the doors on Wednesday 15th.... the students services person said on the phone.
- But hold on, that's a 2 days notice, it's ridiculus! It's been announced after the end of the classes, no-one is on the campus!..."

Besides, I had gone there on Thursday 17th, and I must have gone through the two only doors they forgot to put the notice on... or what??!!
"- Look, that's beside the point. Do you want to get the application form online?..."

You bet I do. Can you include a petition form as well, so I can circulate it among all the students I know during the break and let you know what we think of such a practice? Because it is not beside the point to express concerns about the honesty of such a way to deal with enrolment. Even the Office of Community Housing shows more respect to its "valued customers" by allowing at least seven working day for reply.
Did we march on the Parliament House to keep a place like THIS?

T'fouh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home